The name alone provides some ideas, but not a full explanation. As a result, many men have questions about the science behind penis pumps, and how exactly vacuum pump devices for erectile dysfunction work. Here we examine the parts of the pump and how they work together to deliver a natural solution to ED.
What makes up a pump?
Vacuum pump devices for erectile dysfunction consist of:
- An acrylic penile tube. This is the cylinder that fits over the penis.
- A penis ring. Also called a tension ring, cock ring, or ED ring, this device holds the erection in place once it is achieved.
- Loading cone. This is used to slide the penis ring onto the penile tube so that it’s ready to be placed around the base of the penis.
- Bushing. This is a circular device that is placed on the end of the tube to make sure the penile tube can be held secure to the penis.
- A pump head. This is the actual pump that creates a vacuum suction, drawing blood into the penis creating an erection. The pump can be manual or battery-operated.
- Lubricant. Water-based lubricant is used on the bushing and penis ring to make the application process easier and more comfortable.
Bringing the parts together.
To use the pump, you simply bring the parts together in a routine that gets easier and easier with practice.
First, the pump is attached to one end of the penile tube. On the other end of the tube, the loading cone system is placed. With the loading system, the user slides the penis ring onto the penile tube.
Once the ring is on the tube, the loading system is removed, and the adapter bushing is inserted. Then the penile tube is placed on the penis and held secure to the body using the adapter bushing. Then the pump is turned on.
Slowly and gently, the power of the pump creates a vacuum suction that draws blood into the penis. Once the erection is achieved, the pump is turned off, and the penis ring is slid off the tube and onto the base of the penis. Then the penile tube and pump are removed and the user has a firm erection ready for sex.
After intercourse, the penis returns to its pre-erection state and the ring is safely removed.
Benefits of vacuum pump devices for erectile dysfunction.
Vacuum pump devices for erectile dysfunction are an ideal treatment option. They are becoming more and more popular because they are:
- Natural. They use simple mechanics to mimic the process your body goes through on its own. And they do it without medicine, doctors’ appointments, surgeries, or interactions with other medications.
- Safe. Penis pumps are FDA-approved to safely treat ED. Used properly, they produce results without side effects.
- Effective. Their use is proven in 90% of clinical trials.
- Budget-friendly. The cost of drugs to treat erectile dysfunction can quickly add up. Sources indicate even with prices dropping in the past few years, it can still be $4 a dose, which can be a tough pill to swallow when you factor in co-pays and refills. Vacuum therapy represents a one-time cost.
Vacuum pump devices for erectile dysfunction indeed present a powerful option. To learn more how to safely treat ED with an FDA-approved penis pump, browse our blogs, or download our free ebook below.