If you’re experiencing premature ejaculation, you may be looking for a solution that doesn’t involve medications, topicals, or doctors. A search of the internet will tell you that these solutions are indeed out there. And many men are finding success with the premature ejaculation treatment of herbal medicines. The following are a few that have had positive results.
Ayurvedic herbal medicine.
This herbal premature ejaculation treatment comes out of India. Sources say Ayurvedic is a healing system, and certain types of Ayurvedic medicines are believed to help delay ejaculation. A study found men who used these medicines increased the “intravaginal ejaculatory latency time”, or IELT, over those who took placeboes.
Chinese herbal medicine.
This same source found that a weekly or daily dose of Chinese herbal medicine, including Yimusake tablets and Qilin pills, were found to boost sexual stamina and improve energy, thereby reducing premature ejaculation. It was further noted that Chinese herbal medicine increased IELT by about two full minutes.
Sources say another natural supplement is zinc. While not an herbal medication, Zinc helps produce key sex hormones, including testosterone and prolactin. Also, dietary zinc may improve male sexual competency, increasing time before ejaculation and strengthening penile thrusting. And zinc combined with both folic acid and the herb called golden root was found to improve ejaculatory control.
Kava is an extract from the plant Piper methysticum. It’s been reported that taking 100 milligrams of kava before intercourse can increase blood flow to the penis and slow your reaction to sexual stimulation.
This source also reported that adding two drops of hibiscus flower to one‑quarter cup of water and sipping it slowly can promote sexual feelings, which can increase the ability to control ejaculation.
There are also several plants and herbs that in cream form can be applied to the penis that sources say might be effective as premature ejaculation treatment.
- Angelica. This is a plant that includes the root, seed, and fruit, which are all used to make medicine. When combined with other medicines, the root of angelica can reduce premature ejaculation by increasing the threshold of vibrations and sensations the penis receives.
- Ceylon cinnamon. Similarly, applying cream made of Ceylon cinnamon and other ingredients might also prevent premature ejaculation. Ceylon cinnamon comes from a tree, the bark of which is used to make medicine.
- Clove. The oils, dried flower buds, leaves, and stems of cloves are used to make medicines. Applied in combination with other agents, clove is noted to improve premature ejaculation.
- Panax ginseng. This herb too can be applied as cream before intercourse and is known to be beneficial. Taken as a pill, it can also improve sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction.
- Dong quai. The root of this plant, in cream form and combined with other ingredients, is also known to be effective as a premature ejaculation treatment.
Other herbal solutions.
While not specifically for premature ejaculation, there are other herbal solutions that can enhance sexual health and boost your erectile performance. One source indicates:
- Rhodiola rosea can improve energy and reduce fatigue, thereby improving sexual function;
- L‑arginine has been shown to facilitate successful erections; and
- DHEA found in wild yam and soy may make men more likely to achieve and maintain erections.
Premature ejaculation treatment doesn’t have to involve prescription medications – many solutions are found right in nature. In addition to these herbal medicines, there are also practices and techniques that too can address how to last longer in bed.
For more information, browse our blogs, and to learn more about all‑natural ways to achieve and keep your best erection ever, download our free ebook.